Thursday, July 19, 2012

Leaving St. Louis and Looking forward

For the past year, I've been living in St. Louis, completing a year of service with AmeriCorps. It has been a challenging year, and I am in a completely different place professionally, personally, and mentally than where I was in July 2011. I'm in the process of packing up my belongings to prepare for the move back to Atlanta (for all of one week). Then it is off to Israel for the next 11 months. During the course of my travels, I'll be blogging, reflecting, observing, and exploring.

Here's the tentative plan:

For the first 3 weeks (July 31-Aug 23), I'll be in Jerusalem participating in a Jewish study program for young women under 30.

My friend Helen is coming August 26 and we will travel in Israel for 4 days before heading to Greece on Aug 30. On Sept 5, we'll head to Budapest, and I will be back in Israel on Sept 8.

Then, I'm hoping to go hiking/camping with a group in southern Israel for 5 days.

After that, I have a week that includes Rosh Hashanah and then about 4 days free before my program, the Yahel Social Change Program in Gedera, which begins on Sept 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment